Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good Eats in Tokyo.

It's been quite a while since I've posted last. Today I'd like to highlight some awesome places that I have gone to eat in Tokyo :-)

Ippudo

They have a bunch of different locations around Tokyo (and around Japan for that matter), and in my opinion is the BEST RAMEN IN JAPAN. They specialize in Hakata style tonkotsu ramen, so thin noodles and pork broth. Delicious :-)

Roy's (Roppongi Hills)

Not quite sure what type of food it is, but it's delicious! I think a lot of the dishes have a Hawaiian twist to it though. They have a GREAT lunch deal which is totally awesome (something like 1400 yen). If you get a good seat, you will also have a very nice view of Tokyo tower while you eat. Closest station is Roppongi.

La VERONICA (Roppongi Izumi Garden)

This place is very beautiful, the food is probably the best meal I have had in Tokyo, but REALLY pricey. If you want to splurge though, I would definitely recommend it. It is apparently European cuisine :-) The closest station is Roppongi 1chome.

Mitsuyado Seimen (Nakameguro)

The best tsukemen place I have been to. It was featured on the Ramen Walker and they have a bunch of different dipping sauces. I tried the spicy one and it was really good. You can also opt to have your noodles either hot or cold. Whenever I pass by late at night there is a huge line out the door. Closest station is Nakameguro.

Yamachan

There are also a number of locations of this place. They serve Nagoya food which is really good! They have delicious chicken wings there!!! The one that I went to was right by Tamachi station off of Keio dori, so close to school.

Iwaen (Kasumigaseki)

Probably the best Chinese restaurant I have been to in Tokyo. They are supposedly famous for their dandanmen. The prices are really reasonable for lunch. Located in the building I work in, and there is always a HUGE line during the lunch hour. Closest station is Toranomon, but Kasumigaseki is very close too.

Chikuzan (Shinjuku)
http://www.lumine.ne.jp/est/restaurant/each/chikuzan.html

Not that I have had the opportunity to go to many nice sushi places, but this one was the best place I have been. It is also quite pricey if you want to actually get full. It's located in LUMINE EST, so it's connected to the train station and very convenient to get to. Closest station is obviously, Shinjuku.



No comments:

Post a Comment