Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Japanese Carrots

Today I woke up early to go to the mall with my cousins and my cousin's boyfriend. Much to everyone's disappointment I'm sure, I did not get anything from UNIQLO. I was hoping that they would have the same fleece that I got there a while ago (that some douchebag stole after the tax exam... still bitter...) but unfortunately they only had ones with hoods on it.

So yesterday during my walk I stopped by the Japanese grocery store. I always thought it was funny when one of my Japanese co-workers at Honda would tell me that one of his favorite American past times was to go to Wal-Mart late at night to browse the aisles and look at what types of things were being sold in the US. So I was totally thinking about my co-worker as I was going through the grocery store, purely to observe the difference between Japanese and American products. The thing that I found the most fascinating was the size of Japanese carrots. They are FREAKING HUGE. Even though I wanted to take a picture, I thought it would be way too strange, so I resisted the urge. I mean, can you imagine? Walking through Wal-Mart and you see some crazy Asian taking pictures of the carrots? I think it would at least be better if I looked foreign, but unfortunately in this circumstance, I blend in pretty well here.

Lucky for you though, my uncle bought carrots as a part of tonight's dinner, so I shamelessly asked him if I could take a picture so everyone could see how huge they are. So here it is:



HUGE right?

1 comment: