Monday, December 28, 2009

Exploring Yachimata

Where my grandma lives and where my dad grew up is a small town called Yachimata in Chiba. Today I explored the town a little and took some pictures. Nothing too interesting. I walked to the train station and walked through the park. Below is a photo of the train station.


At the park they had this little track that you could walk on that had little pebbles jutting out of it.


It's supposed to be good for your feet because the pebbles are supposed to put pressure on your pressure points on your feet. Only in Japan...

Other than that, today, I met my cousin's boyfriend. He is a very nice gentleman and I totally approve. At first I was a little skeptical because she is 4 years younger than me, but this dude is apparently older than me... Perhaps it's because I don't have siblings, but I felt ridiculously protective of my cousin and I immediately did not like him. But then I actually met the guy and he is super nice. He actually drove my cousin and I to city hall so that he could help me register for national health insurance. He's also a little nerdy so that made me feel better too lol

Unfortunately I was not able to register for national health insurance today because I apparently have to do it at the city hall where I am actually going to be residing. It was neat anyway though because I had to get a copy of my family records while in Chiba (since that is where they are located) to take to Tokyo. The records have information about my parents on it too, like their birthdays, their parent's names, when they got married, and where they supposedly live now. Apparently my parents have not updated their records in quite a while because according to the records, they still live in Toronto. HA! Way to go parents.

Tomorrow my cousin's boyfriend is going to take us to this large shopping mall (Lala Port) in Funabashi in Chiba. I've never been there so I'm pretty excited! Yay for shopping!!!!!! Especially because UNIQLO is having a HUGE sale right now. Woot woot*

1 comment: