Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Adjusting to life


Hello! It's been a few days since my last post :-)

Today I went and got my haircut in Harajuku! It was a simple and cute salon and I just got my hair cut, colored, and treated. It has been a REALLY long time since I got it professionally colored so the change was nice! I was going to get it permed too but we decided that I should wait a month before I did that to avoid too much damage to my hair and also so the color would hold better. I have never gotten my hair treated before so it was also very nice :-) It's so soft!!!!!

Here is a pic of my new hair. Sorry it's a little blurry, I took it with my netbook camera so it's not the best quality.


After I got my haircut, I had some time so I shopped around Harajuku. I got a cute black skirt, a light gray cardigan, and a cute black dress. I got the cardigan ans dress at H&M for 1000yen (appx. $10) each!!! Pretty sweet deal :-) I wanted to take a better picture of Harajuku, but I always feel weird taking pics around Tokyo since I don't look foreign. I think if I were white, tall, and blonde no one would think twice about it, but yet again, another time when blending in is not always the best. This time I just took a pic of the Forever 21 that they have there now. It was right next to the H&M I went into. There's even two guards outside the store. Fancy for Forever 21.

I also stopped by Shibuya on the way to school. If you think this is a lot of people, boy are you wrong lol. On the weekends there would be absolutely no open spaces like this. This intersection is called the "scramble kosaten (intersection)" because you can go in any direction you want when you cross the street. In fact, there are like 5 different cross walks or something ridiculous like that. FYI, I took these pictures with my new cellphone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment