Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody! :-) I can't believe it's already 2010.

I just counted, and this year was the first time in 8 years that I didn't spend New Year's Eve in Kentucky!! Even after moving back to Columbus, I always went back to Lexington for New Year's Eve, so it was weird not spending it there this year.

This year was also the first time I have ever spent New Year's Eve and day in Japan. New Year's is a big family holiday here, so I spent the entire time with my family. New Year's Eve I was ridiculously lazy and didn't really do much. Basically just sat around the kotatsu, ate, watched tv, and played games on my computer. Then we ate a big dinner with sushi and lots of other food and watched Kohaku (I <3>

On the 2nd we went to Naritasan, where they have a Japanese temple. In Japan it's tradition to go to the temple on the first, but we didn't want to get stuck in the crowds so we went on the 2nd. I went and drew omikuji (my fortune) and I got a Daikichi! (the best one you can get). Hopefully that means I will get a job. But then again, my uncle and aunt also got daikichi sooooo it probably does not mean anything lol

So I officially have 2 more days left in Chiba before I embark on my new life in Tokyo. I'm leaving here on the 5th at 1:30 and should be getting there around 3:30. Hopefully their house will be a little warmer than it is here!


No comments:

Post a Comment