Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 Resolutions

So a new year means new resolutions. This year is 2010 which means that I graduate in May and begin my new life as a full time working adult! (I hope...) This year I hope to accomplish a number of things.

Number 1 on my list is to become slimmer! Yes, I am fully aware that I am not obese, but I can definitely trim down some and become more toned. So that is the goal :-) I haven't seriously dieted in quite a while (probably since senior year of high school) so it will be a struggle but I am up for the challenge! My method of attack is of course, exercise! I plan on going to the gym (although I won't be able to go too often because it will cost money each time I go here), but mainly focusing on doing stretches and little exercises in the home. I think it's going to be the easiest way to do it in Japan due to limited space and limited access to gyms. I'm also going to try to watch what I eat a little more, but hopefully that will be naturally easier since everything is healthier here than at home.

Yesterday I started doing a lymph (rinpa) massage on my face. You don't really hear about doing massages and losing weight in the US, but I'm assuming that it's a pretty popular method in Japan because a lot of people do it. So the idea behind lymph massages is to increase lymph flow which is supposed to remove harmful substances from the tissues and improve your immune system and of course, my main motivation for using it, it is supposed to reduce cellulite! Sounds pretty sweet right? The best part about it is that it feels really relaxing when you do it too :-)

My hope is to be able to report back on how the dieting is going! Wooooooo* Ganbaruzo-!

No comments:

Post a Comment