Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My new home in Tokyo

Hello everyone! Yesterday I moved into my new home in Tokyo (more specifically Naka Meguro). Naka Meguro is a beautiful area and ritzy so I feel very privileged to be staying here with my home stay family, the Nakano's. (Apparently Kondo Masahiko is their neighbor and Mrs. Nakano is good friends with his wife!) The Nakano's are a family friend and they have a son, a daughter (both older), a large dog, and a small cat :-)

Their house is two stories and my room is on the first floor along with the bath and a bathroom. Upstairs they have another bathroom, two or three bedrooms, a family room, and a kitchen. Mrs. Nakano grew up on this property, but they rebuilt the house so it's relatively new. I am so glad that it's newer because it's not as cold as my grandma's (phew!) In fact, the room that I am staying in has its own heating/AC unit so I don't ever have to be cold!!! YAY FOR HEAT!!!!!!!

I'm sure you are curious as to what it looks like, so I will share :-) So my room is technically two rooms. One is larger and the other is pretty small. I sleep in the small one, and there is also a desk that I can use to study at. However, because it's small if I have my futon out, I can't sit down hehe.



So here is my "bed". For those of you who don't know this is a REAL futon. Real futon's are not foldout sofas that turn into beds ;-)



This is the bigger room that I hang out in. The Nakano's are awesome and bought a brand new TV just for my stay. Sorry the desk is messy, I have a lot of stuff... When I blog and use the internet this is where I sit!


There you have it. Tomorrow I go to school for the first time!!! Hopefully I can get there without getting too lost. Wish me luck lol



No comments:

Post a Comment