Sunday, February 14, 2010

My life in 20 years.

Today I went to the Macchi (Kondo Masahiko) concert with my host mom and sister! For those of you who do not know who Macchi is, he was a big time Johnny's (the biggest boy band producer in Japan) idol back in the early 80s. It was his 30th anniversary concert, sooooo yeah. He is pretty old. Apparently he is 45 now lol You may be wondering then why the heck I would go to this man's concert. Put simply, he's our neighbor and my host mom is good friends with his wife and so we got invited. Because of the connection with the family, we were able to sit in really good seats, and since my host mom paid, I got to go for free!


It was in the Budokan so that was a really cool experience too! Before you enter into the actual building, it looks like the entrance to a castle. The Budokan is a really cool venue and it's a big deal for musicians to be able to perform there. It's also the same venue that the Beatles played in for the very first time when they came to Japan.


As far as my thoughts about the concert, I actually had a lot of fun!!! Kuroyanagi Tetsuko was sitting close to us so that was pretty cool. I also got to see Macchi's wife. His singing was also surprisingly good!!! His fans were also super energetic and really fun to watch. For the older songs from the 80s they all knew the hand motions that went with the music and it was hilarious. His fan base was also surprisingly wide in age range. I mean, a good chunk were in their 40s and 50s, but there were some teenagers there too! It was funny because he actually made a comment about how he was getting older, and how his fans looked a little more tired and older too lol.


I think the best part of the concert was seeing the fans. They were just SO into Macchi!!! They were screaming his name like little girls, it was hilarious and adorable. I can totally imagine myself with some of my girl friends coming to Japan for an Arashi concert when I'm 40 and Arashi is almost 50 screaming "Ninooooooo" at the top of my lungs and jumping up and down and waving those light up wands to the beat of the music, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment