Monday, March 1, 2010

Eyelash Perm = Life is Great

So it's been a little while since I last posted. Since I last posted, quite possibly the highlight of my life has been getting an eyelash perm. You may be wondering what that even is. It is basically exactly what it sounds like lol. You go to a salon and they perm your eyelashes so you don't have to use an eyelash curler for about a month and your eyelashes remain EXTREMELY curly! It is basically amazing :-)

The lady that was doing my eyelash perm told me that I have long eyelashes. That day officially marked the first day in my life that anyone has EVER said that about my eyelashes (therefore, making it one freaking awesome day). As my friend Izumi put it, waking up in the morning and having curly eyelashes just guarantees a good start to your day. So true. Having curly lashes not just after you curl them, but also at the end of the day without having to touch them also guarantees a good end to your day.

**Due to Mark's request to see a picture, I took this photo and have added it to this posting. Just to show you how amazing it is, I took the picture after a bath with no make up on! :-)



After being on a high from getting my eyelashes permed, I stopped by a glasses store in Shibuya and got myself some new glasses. (They were much needed since my old ones were not only super uncute, but I stepped on them and the frame cracked LOL). I looked around and found a really cute pair for 9,000 yen (about $100). That was just for the frame. The awesome part is, that is all they charged me for. They are currently having a 0 yen lens sale so the lenses were free, despite my -5.75 eye sight and terrible astigmatism. They even included the super thin lens in the base price. If your eyes aren't that bad, you can get cute glasses for as low as 5,000 yen.

On top of getting a great deal, they include a complimentary eye exam (apparently this is pretty typical in Japan)! In addition to THAT (if you didn't think it could get better) they made them for me in 4 days! If I didn't have the terrible astigmatism that I do, they would have made them THAT DAY. Now THAT is called excellent service. This also made me realize how much the glasses industry is ripping us off in the U.S. Shame on you, American optometrists!




2 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I find anything like that to be very interesting. I love your glasses and I love the eyelashes. How fun.

    ReplyDelete