Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And the Thanksgiving Cooking Preparation Commences!!!

Yesterday I began preparations for the turkey. I attempted making vegetable broth for the first time so I could brine the turkey in a couple of days. It's really not hard, just time consuming...unless you are bad at reading. Instead of adding more GARLIC cloves, I added cloves. If you don't know, they are very different things. When the broth was all done, it smelled funny and tasted awful. I revisited the directions and realized my mistake. First batch, down the drain.

Today I am in the process of trying again!

Step 1. Cut up lots of vegetables and put it in a pot


Step 2. Add one gallon of water and boil for 2 hours!


I also made candied ginger to put in the brine!
Also, not very hard, and unlike the vegetable broth smells really good :-) All you do it boil the ginger then when the water reduces, add sugar and watch it carmelize!



More pictures to come as the big day approaches :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment